Monday, June 15, 2009

QuickPost: Candidacy and Preparations for Rome

Greetings from Maryland!

It is a beautiful day here--sunny, perfect temperature, a few clouds here and there--
there is no place like Maryland!
I just recently was admitted into candidacy, the first public step toward priesthood. On June 9th, I publicly professed my faith and my willingness to fully discern the vocation to the priesthood. The Archbishop now sends me forth with his blessing and admittance into candidacy. Now everything has been prepared for me to begin my formation in Rome!
Another recent event was when I introduced myself to St. Paul's parish (this past weekend). The picture below is of me speaking during the 11:30AM Mass.

I really enjoyed being able to introduce myself to the parish. It is a vibrant community, and they
accepted me warmly. I am so excited to be able to serve them during the summer!
We have a lot of activities already planned here at St. Paul's. In July, Fr. Matt (the pastor) and I are hosting a New Parishioner Cookout, in order to welcome all the new parishioners into the community. St. Paul's may have been founded in 1838, but the parish has continued to flourish--the 2009 year has already more than fifty families who are new to the parish! Obviously, there is need to celebrate and welcome this large group.
I will tell you about more activities later, but now I have to go and get some other work done.
Enjoy this beautiful weather, Marylanders--and for anyone else I hope your weather is nice as it is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment